Happy New Years – calendar and lunar
Note: In March/April we’ll be opening from Tuesday – Saturday. Please see contact for more details.
Songlines combines shopping, exhibitions, fair trade, learning opportunities, demonstrations, workshops, a children’s space, plus film and events – all under one roof.
We operate as a social enterprise with the following mission:
- be a safe and welcoming space for all
- offer a wide range of absolutely beautiful products from giftware to fine art with information about provenance
- offer exhibitions that showcase artists, artisans and explore important themes
- offer cross-cultural learning experiences
- promote cooperation and collaboration
- promote fair trade
- contribute to right livelihoods for creatives/makers/teachers from the Top End, wider Australia and beyond
- make available work experience/internship/training/mentoring opportunities for Indigenous Australians
- be a sustainable business
- invest profits (when we make some!) into projects that create opportunities for our stakeholders
From our striking external window decals by acclaimed textile artists to the vibrant wall of textiles inside, the ancient to contemporary, visual arts, crafts and multimedia – be prepared to be surprised. We have created a new model for sharing a diverse range of arts and cultures of the Top End, remote Australia and beyond with you.
Songlines is located on the land of the Larrakia people, Traditional Owners of the Darwin region. If you are interested in knowing more about Larrakia people and sourcing artworks – follow this link.