Happy New Years – calendar and lunar
We are closed for wet season, reopening 1st March 2022. See you then!
Songlines combines shopping, exhibitions, fair trade, learning opportunities, demonstrations, workshops, a children’s space, plus film and events – all under one roof.
Songlines is a social enterprise. It was opened in 2021 to
- be a safe and welcoming space for people of all cultures
- offer a wide range of absolutely beautiful products from giftware to fine art
- offer exhibitions that showcase artists, artisans and explore important themes
- offer cross-cultural learning experiences
- promote fair trade
- use our profits to create livelihoods for creatives/makers/teachers from the Top End, wider Australia and beyond
From our striking external window decals by acclaimed textile artists to the vibrant wall of textiles inside, the ancient to contemporary, visual arts, crafts and multimedia – be prepared to be surprised. We have created a new model for sharing a diverse range of arts and cultures of the Top End, remote Australia and beyond with you.
Songlines is located on the land of the Larrakia people, Traditional Owners of the Darwin region. If you are interested in knowing more about Larrkia people and sourcing artworks – follow this link.