Songlines in January/February 2024
Happy New Year!!
We’re officially closed until 1st March 2024, HOWEVER, we can open by appointment in January and February. No problem!
If you have a Gift Voucher or having visiting friends/relatives or just need fabric for a critical sewing project – you can contact us via sms or email to make a time to come in. Danella or Flick will be happy to help.
Plus, we may put the OPEN sign out from time to time as we’ll often be inside catching up on admin and stocktake.
About Songlines Gallery in Darwin
Songlines is unique! Under one roof you will find a huge range of quality products from souvenirs, fabrics and books to limited edition prints and fine art. Plus we have exhibitions, demonstrations, workshops, a children’s space, plus films and events. Staff are more than happy to give you a drink of (filtered) cold water and there are plenty of spaces to sit. We are bright, colourful and full of beautiful things.
Browse our Google reviews here.
Songlines operates as a social enterprise with the following mission to:
- be a safe and welcoming space for everyone
- offer a wide range of quality products from giftware to fine art with information about provenance
- offer exhibitions that showcase artists, artisans and explore important themes
- offer cross-cultural learning experiences
- promote cooperation and collaboration
- promote fair trade
- contribute to right livelihoods for creatives/makers/teachers from the Top End, wider Australia and beyond
- make available work experience/internship/training/mentoring opportunities for Indigenous Australians
- be a sustainable business
- invest profits (when we make some!) into projects that create opportunities for our stakeholders
From our striking external window decals by acclaimed textile artists to the vibrant wall of textiles inside, the ancient to contemporary, visual arts, crafts and multimedia – be prepared to be surprised. We have created a new model for sharing a diverse range of arts and cultures of the Top End, remote Australia and beyond with you.
Songlines is located on the land of the Larrakia people, Traditional Owners of the Darwin region. We are delighted to have a Larrakia staff member, if you’d like to learn more come in and have a chat with Danella.