UPDATE – Songlines is currently closed for the wet season. Sorry! We re-open 1st March.
But don’t be sad, if you’d like to come in we can organise viewings by appointment.
Please contact Danella: firstname.lastname@example.org
Songlines combines shopping, exhibitions, fair trade, learning opportunities, demonstrations, workshops, a children’s space, plus film and events – all under one roof. We are bright, colourful and full of beautiful things.
PANDANUS WEAVING WORKSHOPS IN MARCH 2023 – INFO HERE
From March 1st open from Tuesday to Friday 10-5, Saturday 10-3 and other times by appointment. For more info contact us.
Songlines operates as a social enterprise with the following mission to:
- be a safe and welcoming space for everyone
- offer a wide range of quality products from giftware to fine art with information about provenance
- offer exhibitions that showcase artists, artisans and explore important themes
- offer cross-cultural learning experiences
- promote cooperation and collaboration
- promote fair trade
- contribute to right livelihoods for creatives/makers/teachers from the Top End, wider Australia and beyond
- make available work experience/internship/training/mentoring opportunities for Indigenous Australians
- be a sustainable business
- invest profits (when we make some!) into projects that create opportunities for our stakeholders
From our striking external window decals by acclaimed textile artists to the vibrant wall of textiles inside, the ancient to contemporary, visual arts, crafts and multimedia – be prepared to be surprised. We have created a new model for sharing a diverse range of arts and cultures of the Top End, remote Australia and beyond with you.
Songlines is located on the land of the Larrakia people, Traditional Owners of the Darwin region. We are delighted to have a Larrakia staff member, if you’d like to learn more come in and have a chat with Danella.